Jorge Pena is an in-demand speaker at conferences, clinics, and businesses throughout the state of Iowa and the greater Midwest, and is available for additional speaking opportunities on a variety of topics, including:
- Substance Abuse
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Law Enforcement, and Jorge Pena’s experiences as a law enforcement officer
- Small Business
Jorge Pena Biography
Jorge completed his master’s degree in Criminal Justice at St. Ambrose University in Davenport, Iowa. His undergraduate work was completed at Coe College and Kirkwood Community college both located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. In addition Jorge completed the Police Academy in his home town of South Padre Island, TX in 1992.
Jorge has 24 years of experience in law enforcement and community corrections working as a peace officer and chemical dependency counselor. Throughout his career, Jorge Pena as worked in various community services agencies, including: Addiction treatment
- Domestic violence shelters
- Halfway houses
- Family treatment court
- Tribal family treatment court
- Inpatient and outpatient therapy
Currently, Jorge is also frequently requested as a federal expert witness providing federal expert testimony for the Federal Indian Child Welfare Act. During disposition process, community based services such as substance abuse; mental disability job referrals and education vouchers are initiated with both the Indian child and parents.
Jorge has served on the Board for the Iowa Board of Certification.
- Board Member of the Iowa Board of Certification (IBC)
- Certified International Alcohol & Drug Counselor (IADC)
- Certified Prime for Life Instructor
- Certified Change Agent by The Change Companies
- Masters of Criminal Justice (MCJ)
- Bachelor of Arts – Sociology (BA)
- Clinical Director
- Interpreter fluent in English, Spanish, indigenous dialects
- Specializes in multi-cultural treatment for minorities and veterans.